Sunday, January 13, 2013

DBB-88


Though you have made me see troubles, many and bitter, you will restore my life again; from the depths of the earth you will again bring me up. You will increase my honor and comfort me once again. (Psalm 71:20, 21)

We, like the Psalmist, can always hope that the Lord will once again do wonderful things for us, if we are seeing troubles and difficult days at present. Hope in our Saviour is what will keep us going, even though we experience pain now. The Psalmist sings thus about his confidence in his God, "But as for me, I will always have hope; I will praise you more and more." (Psalm 71:14)

The Lord has delivered his own from impossible situations and he is still doing it, so we have hope. His eyes are on those who fear him, on those whose hope is in his unfailing love.
James, in his epistle, exhorts believers in this manner.....
As you know, we consider blessed those who have persevered. You have heard of Job's perseverance and have seen what the Lord finally brought about. The Lord is full of compassion and mercy. (James 5:11)
Who would have ever imagined the dramatic restoration of Job's life. No one, not even Job, I guess. But the Lord has his ways. He is the one who is called El Sheddai- God Almighty.
Yes, we have hope this day and all the days of our life, because we serve God Almighty, the one who sent his son to the cross for our sakes, that we may not perish in our sins, but have eternal life. All glory be to him.
May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. (Romans 15:13)

No comments:

Post a Comment