Thursday, July 4, 2013

DBB-118

"Therefore the Lord, the God of Israel, declares: 'I promised that your house and your father's house would minister before me forever.' But now the Lord declares: 'Far be it from me! Those who honor me I will honor, but those who despise me will be disdained. (1 Samuel 2:30)

This was what Eli the priest, had to hear through a man of God. Eli's problem was that he honored his sons more than God; that's what we read in v.29 of the same chapter. The priesthood had come to Eli. He was chosen. And because he was chosen by God, he expected Eli to honor him more than he honored others.
The question that arises thus is, "Do we honor God more than we honor others?" Because God says, "Those who honor me I will honor." Honoring others, be it family or friends, more than God, usually brings problems to lives of believers.

The Apostle Peter writes,
But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light. Once you were not a people, but now you are the people of God; once you had not received mercy, but now you have received mercy. (1 Peter 2:9, 10)

And those who are chosen, must not be yoked together with unbelievers.

The Apostle Paul writes to the Corinthians,
Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness? What harmony is there between Christ and Belial ? What does a believer have in common with an unbeliever?
What agreement is there between the temple of God and idols? For we are the temple of the living God. As God has said: "I will live with them and walk among them, and I will be their God, and they will be my people." "Therefore come out from them and be separate, says the Lord. Touch no unclean thing, and I will receive you." "I will be a Father to you, and you will be my sons and daughters, says the Lord Almighty." (2 Corinthians 6:14-18)

Jesus said, "God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in spirit and in truth." (John 4:24)

Remember that if you are in Christ, you are chosen. Declare his praises, do not be yoked together with unbelievers, come out from them and be separate, worship God in spirit and in truth. If you honor God, he will honor you.


Dr. Johnson Cherian MD. PhD.
Website: Free Christian Resources And Downloads
Blog: Christian Freebies
Graphics: Free Christian Graphics
Radio: Malayalam-English Christian Radio 
E- Mail Me: johnson3570@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment