Thursday, October 25, 2012

DBB-29

He is my loving God and my fortress, my stronghold and my deliverer, my shield, in whom I take refuge, who subdues peoples under me. (Psalm 144:2)

The phrase "God is love" is not an exaggeration, for that, in fact, is his nature. King David, a man after God's own heart experienced the rich love of God in several trying situations in his life and many of the psalms that he sang were an account of what the Lord did in his life. Here he elaborates on what all God is to him...fortress, stronghold, deliverer, shield and refuge. Though many of us may not acknowledge poetically what God is to us, like the Psalmist does, we too know that he is the One who makes all the difference in our lives. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever. Amen. (1 Timothy 1:17)

No comments:

Post a Comment